Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Sing Off Season 2: The Finale

Ok. I'm not sure how to go about this Sing-Off Finale recap/review because this episode is a little different. I'll probably just maybe share some of my thoughts (?). Haha.

The Finale was a little bit of a letdown. I mean, last week was awesome and I think this week would've been better without the guest singers. Maybe that's just me though.

Now, as for the results, I have to say that Committed is talented but I really thought Street Corner Symphony had it in the bag. I don't know. Prior to the Finale, I said that I don't really care who wins the show, but I'm kind of bummed right now that Street Corner Symphony didn't. So, I guess I care after all. Haha.

I just think that Committed is good if a bit boring to watch at times - they are like a younger version of Jerry Lawson and Talk of the Town. Haha - because they lack a strong lead with star power. Street Corner Symphony, on the other hand, is just special. Of course, that's with the help of their lead singer Jeremy who I think should be given a recording contract along with Joanna of The Backbeats. They are the 2 stars that I think have come from this season.

Oh well, what can we do. Haha.

Oh, one more thing! It's a bit rude for Sheryl Crowe to perform with the contestants and then still play he guitar! This is a a capella show for crying out loud! Blasphemy!!

Anyway, there were still some good moments on the show in this episode. Highlights for me were:

The Group Performance (Put A Little Love In Your Heart)


Neil Diamond with Committed and Street Corner Symphony (Ain't No Sunshine)


The Backbeats (Firework)


Street Corner Symphony (Fix You) This is BEAUTIFUL!!

13 comments:

Robbie said...

Parang ang overrated lang nung The Backbeats. Never ko sila bet. Ang galing ng Fix You! At in furla magaganda lagi ang song choices nila.

The rest are so boring!

Will said...

It was quite obvious that Committed would win. OA kasi ang hype ng mga judges nung first episode. Para lang ata hindi magmukhang racist ang contest. Bleh. #bitterlang

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: That's true. The Backbeats were a bit overrated but I think they're more entertaining than the other two - except for SCS of course. :D

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: They were technically really good but I prefer SCS because they're more versatile, IMHO.

Leyton Rhys said...

By any chance, do you have the mp3s for the songs from the finale?

DAM THE NATION said...

Leyton: Yes. I have them. I'll try to post it within the week. :)

Anonymous said...

I honestly believe that The Backbeats were very good. I mean in delivering and making harmonies. I believe that with better choices of songs, they could've shown their strengths. Maybe that's why their best song, "Landslide" (for me), is due to the fact that it was not them who chose it. They still need to be guided on what they should sing.

Anonymous said...

BTW, the last comment was by me: Rene (Hahaha!)

DAM THE NATION said...

Rene: I agree. Song choice is really important. I mean, Backbeats' performance of Breakeven was forgettable because the song choice didn't have the same impact as the other groups. Wala lang. Hehe.

Jess said...

I think all the groups this season are the best. Diverse and raw contestants, no-drama/no-nonsense judges, amazing performances, great talents. Sing-off is the best vocal music show on TV. Far more astounding than American Idol. You don't get much hair-raising moments in five consecutive shows in American Idol. Sing-off might be short-lived but it's one way of keeping the viewer's interest. The Sing-Off S2 Finale was a bit anti-climactic but there were great moments and I don't care who wins... They're all great. So thank you backbeats, jerry lawson etal, groove for thought, OTR, Committed and Street Corner Symphony. It's been a heck of a ride in just 5 episodes.

DAM THE NATION said...

Jess: Nothing more to say, I guess. You hit it on the nail. :)

Kevin said...

Hey. No downloads? :-(

DAM THE NATION said...

Kevin: What do you mean?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...