Sunday, September 22, 2013

Movie Review: About Time

Possibly one of my favorite films and, arguably, one of the best romantic comedies this year had to offer! About Time was an unexpectedly charming and heart warming film - or experience. I admit, I initially had reservations with the use of time travel as its main plot device, but everything was executed well that I eventually didn't really mind. I thought the writing and direction was spectacular, it was brilliantly layered, it didn't sound preachy, and Rachel McAdams and Domhnall Gleeson were just absolutely brilliant that I got a real sense of their relationship in the movie. The cast was actually so right it was almost frightening as they play off each other so well. It felt a tad too long, but it's a minor blip that won't stop me to do it all over again. About Time wasn't a riotous comedy, it's not a thriller, nor an adventure film, but its a lovely and sweet comedy drama that one can enjoy with a love one and come out feeling warm inside. I just can't praise this film enough. 9

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...