Monday, May 20, 2013

Movie Review: Star Trek Into Darkness

The Star Trek reboot in 2009 managed to breathe new life into the franchise and while I did have my reservations about this installment, Star Trek Into Darkness is possibly one of the most satisfying sequels I've seen in a while. It actually turned out way better than I thought. Sure, the story felt like more of the same from its predecessor and parts of it were slightly predictable and safe, but it was still relentlessly exciting filled with fantastic special effects, top notch cinematography, lavish production design and superbly choreographed action set pieces. The occasional bits of humor was still there and the great chemistry between Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto was still very much palpable. Simply put, Star Trek Into Darkness was an exhilarating fast paced action extravaganza and a one fine piece of entertainment. 9

1 comments:

Mac Callister said...

Saw it the other day and yeah it didn't disappoint me at all. Made me cry twice hihi

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...