Friday, April 5, 2013

American Idol 12: Top 7 Studio Versions

.. and then there were 7. This week, the remaining finalists tackled possibly the most challenging theme across the board and, as a result, turning in one of the most lackluster episodes in the last two seasons. How about the recordings?

[REVIEW] American Idol 12: Top 7 Performances

RANDOM THOUGHTS: Not sure if I enjoyed any of the studio recordings this week. Angie Miller had a very flat and tepid version of this Evanescence hit. Amber Holcomb records well, but there's something missing that I can't exactly put my finger on. Candice Glover, oddly, had more dynamics here than her actual live performance and I actually prefer Burnell Taylor's recording than watching him uncomfortably strolling the stage. Maybe it's the voice? Janelle Arthur had some serious spunk going on and Kree Harrison's vocals were top notch albeit nothing exciting. Lazaro Arbos? Well, he's Lazaro. Haha.

Amber Holcomb: What About Love
Angie Miller: Bring Me To Life
Burnell Taylor: You Give Love A Bad Name
Candice Glover: (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Janelle Arthur: You May Be Right
Kree Harrison: Piece Of My Heart
Lazaro Arbos: We Are The Champions

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO! You crack me up. I saw what you did there and it's fuckin brilliant, lol.

Savannah said...

Is that Miley Cyrus instead of Angie?

Markiee said...

you are hysterical!!! lol

Anonymous said...

do you have the studio versions of the group performances? or were they not available at all?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...