Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Movie Review: Olympus Has Fallen

Olympus Has Fallen was nothing special, but I found myself rather entertained by this punchy action film. It's brutal. It's mean. It's a no nonsense, kick the crap out of everyone who gets in your way action film. Yes, it had that typical action film set-up complete with inevitable absurdities, but what worked for the film was the fact that it managed to build some great action sequences despite the straightforward and cliched plot. I really found some action scenes brilliantly executed and Gerard Butler pulled them all of pretty well. Olymus Has Fallen was just a straight-up action movie. No more. No less. Taken as a whole, this won't live forever as a shining example of its genre, but it's the best I could have hoped for. 7.5

3 comments:

Mac Callister said...

ganda nito! we saw this two weeks ago and di kami nagsisi.

Anonymous said...

I watched this because my boyfriend wanted to... I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so violent... but then again that's the whole point of action movies eh?

Photology said...

Thanks for review, it was excellent and very informative.
thank you :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...