Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Voice 4: Battle Rounds Part 2

What? Just three full performance in a matter of an hour? Seriously? Sure, we need some clips of the mentoring that happens before the actual sing-off, but we don't need 20 minutes of that and less than 2 minutes of the actual performance. Plus, the recap every other break got a bit out of hand. Yes, I understand the need for it at the beginning and probably at the end of the show, but recapping in between was pointless. We're not stupid to have us be reminded of what happened just 5 minutes ago. Geez!

Anyway, on with the show!

Michael Austin VS Warren Stone
My Kind Of Party
TEAM ADAM
Not sure if Michael was more on point vocally than Warren, but I seriously felt like the latter would be more dangerous as a competitor than the former. Warren, to me, sounded good with tons of charisma and personality. Michal also sounded good, but with all honestly, he just doesn't have any star quality. Personally, this was a good call on Adam's part.
Verdict
Warren Stone
----
Jeff Lewis VS Josiah Hawley
Roxanne
TEAM USHER
On a shallow note, both Jeff and Josiah looked SO pretty no? Both were attractive guys with some pretty decent singing voice and could actually pull an upset once they get into the live rounds. I didn't think this was a spectacular duet, but they both had their moments. Josiah verged on almost screaming half of his parts, but there's something oddly magnetic when he performed - despite his vocal flaws. Jeff, however, out-sang Josiah with a relatively much more spot on vocal performance. I don't know.
Verdict
Josiah Hawley
----
Danielle Bradberry VS Caroline Glaser
Put Your Records On
TEAM BLAKE
I enjoyed their blind auditions, so I was a bit disappointed that Blake actually paired them up together. Danielle has a beautiful, clear and powerful voice that's quite refreshing, but Caroline also won me over with her lilting interpretation of the song coupled with her gorgeous tone and interesting phrasing. While I did think letting Caroline go was a colossal mistake on Blake's part, I couldn't really get mad at him picking Danielle because she's also pretty good.
Verdict
Danielle Bradberry
STEAL
Caroline Glaser (Team Adam)

OTHER BRIEF BATTLE ROUND CLIPS

Grace Askew (WINNER) VS Trevor Davis
TEAM BLAKE

Tawyna Reynolds (WINNER) VS Mark Andrew
TEAM SHAKIRA

Audrey Karrasch (WINNER) VS Jamila Thompson
TEAM USHER

1 comments:

danni said...

I'm soo glad Adam stole Caroline. I just wish someone would have stolen Jeff too because Josiah and Jeff were my two favorite males on Usher's team.

As for Warren and Michael, I really like Michael's voice because it sounds a lot like most country artists these days, but like you said he has barely any star quality.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...