Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Voice 4: Battle Rounds Part 3

I must say, The Voice Season 4 is turning out to be a strong one. The level of talent this season is undeniably strong and I'm actually more than impressed. Personally, the match ups in this episode was ridiculously even that I myself had problems picking who won what. But, as usual, I digress. Haha.

Let get on with the Battle Round!

Vedo VS Jessica Childress
Locked Out In Heaven
TEAM USHER
Wow. This was probably one of the better match up this season, but also the most devastating loss so far. Vedo gave a solid vocal performance on this Bruno Mars' ditty, but Jessica Childress was equally awesome. Her phrasing was particularly spectacular. Why no mentor care to save her was beyond me. Sad.
VERDICT
Vedo
----
Luke Edgemon VS Monique Abbadie
You And I
TEAM SHAKIRA
I remember not liking Monique during her blind audition, but she surprised me here. She has a gorgeous tone with a pretty terrific vocal range. Luke, on the other hand, held his own against Monique quite well.
VERDICT
Monique Abbadie
STEAL
Luke Edgemon (Team Blake)
----
Savannah Berry VS Jacqui Sandell
Little White Church
TEAM BLAKE
Another even matchup! I somehow slightly prefer Savannah's tone over Jacqui, but the latter had a more compelling stage presence. To be honest, I have no idea who performed better between the two. Haha.
VERDICT
Savannah Berry
----
C. Perkins VS Kris Thomas
It Will Rain
TEAM SHAKIRA
C. Perkins has a very voice, but I somehow gravitated more with Kris' beautiful tone. Of course, there's not much to differentiate these two singers, but there's a nuance in Kris' delivery that won me over. Very nice.
VERDICT
Kris Thomas
STEAL
C. Perkins (Team Usher)
----
Patrick Dodd VS Midas Whale
Burnin' Love
TEAM ADAM
Eh. Not a fan of any of them, but I guess they performed well. I did like the arrangement and Midas Whale looked like they were having fun. I didn't like Patrick's gritty tone though, so I guess, it's Midas Whale for me.
VERDICT
Midas Whale
----
Orlando Dixon VS Ryan Innes
Ain't No Sunshine
TEAM USHER
Ok. Technically, Orlando has a more spot on vocal performance than Ryan, but the scruffy dude pulled off the performance by connecting with the material impeccably well. Ryan's rasp gave the performance some intensity.
VERDICT
Ryan Innes
STEAL
Orlando Dixon (Team Adam)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...