Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Movie Review: The Host

The premise of The Host was actually worth exploring, but not with this kind of screenplay. I thought the story was awfully thin and underdeveloped, the writing was cheesy and it strangely lacked any real conflict. I felt like the set up seemed a little force and too convenient that I didn't feel any sense of danger throughout the film. There's something oddly compelling about it though and I found Saoirse Ronan's performance as the lead pretty spectacular. Plus, visually, this film was quite stunning. Look, The Host clearly had some real potential, but that wasn't exploited enough to give the material justice. It's not bad by any means, but I thought it could've been better. 6

1 comments:

The CBA Reich said...

Saoirse Ronan is hot. She alone justifies this film.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...