Friday, April 29, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 6 Results Show

Casey Abrams. Well, this is a more respectable finish for him than 11th right? I admit, I've been a fan of Casey since his audition and I actually think that he's one of the most creative, talented and interesting contestants on the show this year. However, when the live show started, his antics became a bit too much that somehow made me like him a little less than before. Yes, I hated how he growled all the time. Once was fine as a nod to old style, but it went a little too much for my liking. He got the judges' save, and I knew then that he's just basically on borrowed time. But as much as I think that he doesn't stand a chance of winning the competition, he obviously brought interests to the show and I would be an idiot to lie to any of you to say that I will not miss him. He left such an imprint on this show and I wish him luck.

Recap after the jump!

Now, as for some observations and comments on the results show..
  •  OMG! Did I just hear Ryan Seacrest say that a lot of people will get disappointed with the result? So Jacob and Haley are safe??? 
  • This group number is both entertaining and possibly the worst thing I’ve ever heard at the same time. Haha.
  • But wait, that also convinced me that the girls are way better singers. Yes, NONE of the guys can harmonize!
  • Welcome back, Crystal Bowersox!
  • She looks and sounds great! Too bad I don’t like this song. 
  • Taylor Hicks snark! You're such a douche Ryan Seacrest. Haha.
  • Intermission: Siobhan Magnus and Anoop Desai got pimp spot during Top 6 and they both got eliminated. If it happens again that would be funny. Just saying.
  • Hmmm.. It really sounds like there will be no Bottom 3 tonight. Are they trying to protect some people who dropped into it?
  •  Wait, what is Ryan Seacrest doing?
  • “Casey is a great musician, will go on to be a great singer/songwriter. The family dog does not vote!” Haha. Possibly Jimmy Iovine's wittiest line EVER!
  • Wait what? 2 girls in this year's Top 5? Happy dance!! It's been a while. 
  • Bruno Mars!! That's all. 
  • So this is all random, but they made Scotty stand there with Casey? They probably allude to Scotty being in the Bottom 3, so that his fans will now obsessively vote for him to win.
  • Jacob Lusk, you are... Haha. I'll shut up. Haters going to hate.  
  • Amazing Top 13. Weak Top 5. Agree?
ELIMINATED
Casey Abrams

SAFE
Haley Reinhart
James Durbin
Lauren Alaina
Jacob Lusk
Scotty McCreery

24 comments:

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

OMG!
please be true, I want Haley to stay...

Kahel said...

one (or maybe 2) of the untouchable three in the bottom?!

Bono said...

Yay Haley is safe!

My first ever vote counted!

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

HELL TO THE YEAH!
Haley is safe y'all...awesome!

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

it's between Scotty and Casey y'all

DAM THE NATION said...

OSO-Deluxe-Edition: Where did you get the facts about the most downloaded iTunes? American Idol don't release the iTunes sales since Season 7. I'm confused.

Anonymous said...

:( there goes one of the more artistic contestants in idol

eskimo bill said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was the reason i was even watching idol WHY!!!!

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

it was posted on "the best damn blog", the guy always posts the most and least downloaded songs...

yeah, I was confused as well.

Anonymous said...

Haley FTW! Casey goes home, It should've been Jacob, just saying. But really, they could all go home for all I care, just not Haley. She's pretty amazing.

DAM THE NATION said...

OSO-Deluxe-Edition: Oh. I know that site. Well, that's the most downloaded songs on his site. On this site, it's usually Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart - especially the last four weeks.

Amber said...

There was no bottom 3 this week. There's no way Scotty was in the bottom.

Sad to see Casey go.

Anonymous said...

Casey didn't deserve to leave, that should have been Jacob man!

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

yeah I thought so...
but still, that means people are searching for her songs...
and that reflects the actual ITunes sales.

DAM THE NATION said...

OSO-Deluxe-Edition: Maybe or maybe not. I'm not convinced though that these download numbers reflect the actual iTunes sales because the ones that are download one blogs like these are free. But whatever. It is what it is. :)

anonymous said...

Man jacob should have been the one to go home tonight!

Kahel said...

this is a weak top 5! :(

synthesia said...

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO disappointed. Casey is one of the most unique and talented performers to ever be on that stage. I have no more reason to watch.

Wow said...

:(

Etan Musni said...

I think Haley is like Syesha Mercado (seaon 7) and Jasmine Trias (season 3) they always fall into bottom 3, but they manage to pull it off. Seriously, before I didn't like Haley because she didn't established what kind of singer she is. But then, now.. I like her.

I saw this coming to Casey.. He got the saved, but that won't bring him to top. See what happened to Matt giraud and Michael Lynche..

Random insights: If Haley will bring her A game for the next two weeks, she'll be in Top 3. But won't be in finale. I think it would be a Lauren-Scotty finale. Or Lauren-James finale.

I think the rankings (based on the remaining contestants)
5- Jacob, 4-1 is unpredictable :)))

Maya Lintu said...

This is even worse than Pia's elimination. Casey should have been in the top 2 if not win. I CAN'T BELIEVE JACOB IS ADVANCING.

Carlos Jude Laron said...

im really happy there are 2 girls in the top 5! and yay for 2 songs! im thinking Jacob will most likely be the one going home next week. I still have hope for Haley because they didnt even put her in the last 3 standing that must've meant something right?

azialle said...

I really hate this. I was not able to watch American Idol today because it overlapped with the broadcast of Prince William and Kate's wedding. Urgh. I should have watched this episode.

Anonymous said...

no.. not casey!! it should have been jacob!!! nakakainis.. OVERSTAYING na xa ha!
-jep!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...