Thursday, April 28, 2011

US Ratings: The Voice Bested Glee and Dancing With The Stars!

Yes, that's right! The Voice premiered strong last night and actually bested both Glee and Dancing With The Stars, according to THR:
The Mark Burnett-produced singing competition improved NBC’s season average in the time period by 89 percent. With a 5.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 11.8 million viewers overall, it is the top-rated series premiere on a major network since CBS’ Undercover Boss debut following the 2010 Super Bowl.
Also, in the coveted 18-49 demographic, The Voice easily beat Glee and DWTS. 4.6 vs. 3.4 (from 9-9:30) and 4.9 vs. 3.5 (from 9-10 p.m.), respectively.

Now, I don't usually blog about ratings just because this is entirely a US thing - and other people reading the blog may not understand most of it - but I'm posting it anyway and say that I’m not surprised at the ratings the show got. I mean, The Voice was trending worldwide on twitter yesterday! Plus, the whole concept and vibe of the show seems more current and younger than say, American Idol or DWTS. I bet, once word gets around, their numbers will probably climb.

Oh, and one more interesting thing I noticed, Glee's number have been free falling. I remember their demo to be in the high 4′s and around 11 to 13 million viewers earlier in the year. Tsk.

8 comments:

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

cool...
btw, THANKS for the studio recordings cause to be honest they were amazing, I really enjoyed them more than AI, they seem more professional and better produced.
that "Time after time" cover was super.

AI is still my fave tho...

Tank Master said...

i love you DAM, you are a gift from god

Jayvie said...

impressive premiere for The Voice! ratings-wise. haha.

Anonymous said...

big deal, uk x factor gets 40 million worldwide, when simon cowell opens in usa, the voice and AI wont know wht hit them

Anonymous said...

I just want to give my opinion about this new show, The Voice. Actually, i really like the concept of the show, especially the judges. they were awesome. But, if you want to compare it with the talents, its obviously that Idol (10) will take the place. Because they are unique, and great. And the voice contestant, for me, they just sound like AI 9. Not really that marvelous.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous 1: UK X Factor gets 40 million worldwide? That makes sense, but completely irrelevant. Just saying.

Anonymous said...

This show looks great. But do you know where I can watch it?

Anonymous said...

Ok. Forget about the comment above this. I just found out that you've posted the episode. Thanks a lot

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...