Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Glee Music 2: Born This Way

Usually, Glee songs for next week are released - at least for streaming - every Friday. But somehow, this particular song, Born This Way, some songs for next week's episode entitled, yes, Born This Way, got out a little early than usual. Take a good listen to it!

ETA: iTunes versions are up!

Born This Way
I kind of like Lady Gaga's version and while this one sounds like there could be someone else to it, their rendition is not bad. I'm not over-the-top in love with it, but I guess this will do. I mean, even though it's an old trick by now, I enjoy Mercedes belting all over the last chorus. I'm not sure if it's Tina I'm hearing doing the verses with Mercedes, but I also like that pretty distinct inflection in her voice. Kurt talking (rapping?) is decent. I hope the performance on the show will do the trick. 7/10 
DOWNLOAD

Somewhere Only We Know
One of Warblers' best, I have to say. I think it's beautiful, and this song has a lot of emotional pull with me - they did really well with this one. I love the arrangement and I like how Blaine doesn't sound lifeless in this track. Plus, I heard that this is a Warblers + New Directions effort. If that's true, then that would be really interesting, I think. 10/10
DOWNLOAD

I've Gotta Be Me
To be honest, this is the only song for next week I'm don't want to hear YET, but Finn sounds really good with this.. and in this genre? Who knew? I like that it sounds really natural and this has to be the best his voice has ever sounded! I'm impressed. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

As If We Never Said Goodbye
This is actually pretty awesome. I was hoping for Rachel, but Kurt sounds incredibly wonderful in this song. The ups and downs on his vocals are really good and I actually think Kurt has outdone himself here. Not sure if this is his best solo - I think I still prefer Rose's Turn - but this is gorgeous. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

 I Feel Pretty / Unpretty
Wow. I was somewhat expecting this duet to be a disaster just because Rachel has a big powerful Broadway voice and Quinn has a much more low key soft jazz type of voice. On paper, this will never work, but NO! This song sounds really beautiful. Yes, Rachel is clearly the superior voice on this track, but I'm genuinely surprised that Quinn is able to hold her own here. I'm impressed. Looking forward to seeing this in context. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

(all 5 songs)

18 comments:

Inigo said...

I'll hang on for all of them in one go probably but have you heard Cory's? I can't stop playing it.

http://brookepdavis.tumblr.com/post/4786810731

DAM THE NATION said...

Inigo: Interesting. Have not heard this. Thanks! So we're just waiting for two more songs then..

Inigo said...

Sorry! I hope I didn't tempt you into spoiling yourself. It is good though :)

DAM THE NATION said...

Inigo: No, it's all good. I actually like that people share me stuff to share on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

At first, I imagined Santana would do Born This Way cause her voice was totally suitable for it..

but it's fine to see them sing together too.

Somewhere Only We Know is fanstatic

Will said...

Yey, another West Side Story cover. :D

Vincent said...

Heard of I Feel Pretty/Unpretty where Diana Agron and Lea Michelle does a duet. I don't know you're take on this but for me it's a tear jerker, I love how clear their words are and so soft the song starts...Love!

http://mrenvy.tumblr.com/post/4814407642/2x18-i-feel-pretty-unpretty-mash-up-sung-by

DAM THE NATION said...

Vincent: Wow. Thanks for this! :) I'll try to upload this. :)

Vincent said...

Look it up on gleekweekly.tumblr.com. They have a DL link there Dam2x...hehehe.

DAM THE NATION said...

Vincent: Thanks! I already go it. :)

Vincent said...

Nice2x....will you update it now? I wanna see you're take on the song before I go home. Hehehe

DAM THE NATION said...

Vincent: In a while maybe, I'm live blogging American Idol. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Is it Cory or Mark singing "I've Gotta Be Me"? Sounds more like Mark, but I trust your posting.

Personally, I like this version of "Born This Way" to the original because I can actual understand the lyrics unlike in the Gaga version.

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Yes. I'm 100% it's Finn's song. :)

Paco said...

thanks so much for these uploads, DAM :)

so far, i only downloaded Born This Way, Somewhere Only We Know, and I Feel Pretty/Unpretty :)

all lovely songs :) ♥

are these the iTunes versions already/all the songs for the episode? ;) i'll download everything else if it's all good already.

thanks and more power to you! :)

and happy easter, btw ;)

DAM THE NATION said...

Paco: These are not yet iTunes versions. I'll post it once they're all available. :)

Inigo said...

Thank you, Dam. Do we reckon these are all the songs? Seems shy for a 90 minute episode.

DAM THE NATION said...

Inigo: Apparently, this is really it. Hopefully, they're concentrating more on the story? I can only hope. Haha. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...