Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Glee Music 2: The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle

.. and Glee Music is back!! Yay!!

In a couple of days, my second favorite show - next to American Idol, of course - will be back on air and I can't wait. Seriously. Anyway, here are the songs for the upcoming Episode 11 - post-Superbowl episode - entitled, The Sue Sylvester Bowl Shuffle, which will air Sunday, February 6, 2011.

ETA: iTunes versions are up! Enjoy!

Need You Now
Can I just say that I love this song? Ha! I initially didn't like the idea of Glee covering the song and have Puck sing the guy lead. But, a Rachel-Puck duet IS something new. As usual, Rachel sounds amazing and as for Puck, I don't think his voice has enough grit and power to pull it all off completely, but decent nonetheless. He gets drowned by Rachel's vocals when they sing together though. 8/10

Bills Bills Bills
Wow. Blaine's voice is ridiculously auto-tuned - though I'm not complaining. I mean, this is an uber poppy song by nature, so not auto-tuning his voice would've been weirder. I'm more annoyed by the auto-tune if the song is more acoustic or have slower melody. So, this is fine. Oh, and I always love it when they gender swap on songs. 8/10

She's Not There
Not a fan of the song - more so of Finn's voice - but this song is interesting and good in a psychedelic kind of way. Haha. I like the harmony that goes with it. Plus, he's singing this to someone right? Maybe to Santana? or Quinn? 6/10

Thriller/Heads Will Roll
Ten seconds in and I love it already! Really. This version sounds abso-freakin'-lutely fun. By not trying to imitate Michael Jackson's take - which is impossible, anyway - they created something really special with this one. Plus, Santana's voice is just too lovely. 9/10

(all 4 songs)

10 comments:

Joyceee said...

eep. bakit walang bulk download? like everything in .rar file?

DAM THE NATION said...

Joyce: Because I do that when the iTunes versions are already available. :)

Robbie said...

Di na ako masyadong excited sa Glee.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Awww. So I guess, I lost another Glee reader? Haha. Drama?

I'll give Glee another shot until the end of Season 2, and then I'll decide after that. :D

Glecer said...

Preview for California Gurls of the Cheerios: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/01/glee-super-bowl-california-gurls/

DAM THE NATION said...

Glecer: Yeah. I saw this. Thanks for this.

Anonymous said...

any update on when will ep 11 be shown in the Philippines?

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Sorry. I was unable to not reply to your question. Hope you saw the episode. :)

Ceska said...

This has got to be one of the best albums I've heard in quite some time. Normally when I purchase an entire album I find I really like some songs, feel ambivilant about a few, and don't care for one or two. This is one of those albums where I like pretty much every song.

Ceska said...

This has got to be one of the best albums I've heard in quite some time. Normally when I purchase an entire album I find I really like some songs, feel ambivilant about a few, and don't care for one or two. This is one of those albums where I like pretty much every song.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...