Saturday, February 12, 2011

Glee Music 2: Comeback

Here are the songs for next week's episode, Comeback, which will air February 15, 2011 (US). Am I looking forward to it? Not so much, but I think the underrated episodes are usually the ones I end up liking.

Now, as for the song for next episode, I actually think they are surprisingly an interesting mix. I mean, it has a Broadway song, something rock, an 80's pop and the Biebs! Haha. I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber, but this list is so eclectic I'm actually loving it.

ETA: These are already the iTunes versions! Enjoy! 

I Know What Boys Like
Lauren Zizes first solo! Yay! I love this song for the sheer comedic value. Haha. Seriously. This sounds fun, comedic and possibly a tease song towards Puck. Sure, this isn't the best song out there, but it really gets stuck in my head. I think Lauren did a decent job with it. I'm really looking forward to this performance. This will be hilarious, I think. 8/10

Sing
To be honest, I'm not familiar with the original song, but this is definitely a good epic New Directions number. Oh, and can I say, Finally!? When was the last time we actually got an epic performance from them as a group? The show needs to focus on New Directions instead of the Warblers! What's up with that? 9/10

Somebody To Love
A Justin Bieber song? Really? Haha. Ok. Frankly, this cover sounds like a fine mainstream pop song. Nothing spectacular, but it's really not as bad as I thought it would be. I think it's a lot better than the original - sorry! - and both Artie and Sam did a pretty good job with the vocals. 8/10

Take Me Or Leave Me
Without question, the strongest female duet on Glee. It's fun and it's epic! Both Rachel and Mercedes killed this song. Fine job, ladies. This is perfection. I'm inspired to watch Rent now. Haha. 10/10

Baby
Wow. I am completely and utterly blown away by how much I actually like this. The acoustic part at the beginning is shockingly gorgeous. How I wish they had kept the entire song acoustic. It makes it sound more mature and refined - less painful than the normal Justin Bieber bounce. This is a good version.. until, the rapping started. Seriously. Artie's rapping is just annoying and Glee needs to stop it. 8/10

(all 5 songs)

12 comments:

ZY said...

The original song of Sing is sung by My Chemical Romance..is out from their new album..awesome cover!..

DAM THE NATION said...

ZY: Yeah. I know it was originally by My Chemical Romance, but I didn't get to hear it. :)

ZY said...

oo ic..should check out the album..awesome stuff..

DAM THE NATION said...

ZY: I will. :)

Anonymous said...

so is this download the itunes version?????

katuray said...

Finally! a mercedes-rachel duet! a very powerful nbr, says the diva in me
("i'll cover you" is still my fave RENT song though) ;)

i'm not a bieber fan, but i'm definitely looking forward to see sam dance while he sings "baby". hehe

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Not yet. I posted there that these are not yet iTunes versions.

DAM THE NATION said...

Katuray: I know right? Finally, a Mercedes-Rachel duet! :)

Robbie said...

They're making me like Bieber songs. Not good.

As for the Mercedes-Rachel duet. I don't think they did the song justice. o_o

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: Well, I have not seen Rent, but I enjoyed the song as it is. Technically, it's one of the best vocal duets, sing offs or otherwise done on the show. But of course, on the context of the original, I can't compare.

Smarla said...

yaaaaay! Downloading :D in fairness I like their cover of Baby

DAM THE NATION said...

Smarla: I know. It's shocking no? Haha.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...