Monday, February 7, 2011

American Idol 10: Los Angeles Auditions

Ok. I'll keep this one short - not because I want to but because I have no choice. Haha.

I. DON'T. LIKE. THIS. EPISODE.

Really. I was just praising American Idol during it's last episode with how much I'm enjoying the auditions so far because they weren't showing a lot of embarrassing auditions.. well, until this Los Angeles Auditions. Talk about a buzz kill of an episode.

I guess, I didn't miss much after all. Haha. This episode was just a complete waste of time. Quite boring with very little to cheer about. It seemed to me like the show was more interested in pimping its favorite young hopefuls - Lauren Alaina, Brett Loewenstern, Casey Abrams and company - than introducing viewers to new talents. Sad.

Frankly, the best part of this episode was knowing that we're only a few more episode away from Hollywood! That's it.

Anyway, here's my review on the people who got featured on today's episode:

DISCLAIMER: Just an opinion based on the auditions. It may change as the season progresses so haters back off. Haha.

Tim Halperin
Yes, he was a bit dull but I actually like that he has a pure voice and a sweet tone. Too bad, he's the type of contestant the producer’s want to keep as far away from the winner’s circle as possible. And while he wasn't all that good, compared to the joke contestants in this episode, he sounds fantastic. Haha. 7/10

Karen Rodriguez
She reminds me of Diana DeGarmo, for some weird reason. Haha. Karen seemed very polished, charming and quite adorable. Plus, she's undeniably talented with an incredible vocal control and powerful voice. If only she edited herself when she said the first latin Latina American Idol. Really, how Latin you’d need to be in order to call yourself a “Latin Latina.” Haha. 8/10

Heidi Khzam
She can sing, but nothing special. To be honest, I was actually more interested with Steven Tyler creating a belly dance tune than her singing. 6/10

Mark Gutierrez and Aaron Gutierrez
I wonder what's up with American Idol teaming up contestants. So far this season, we already had exes, a couple - which according to TMZ, is bogus - and now, brothers! Good thing, they were really good and although they have virtually identical talent, I somehow prefer Mark over Aaron. I don't know. 7/10


Seriously? Just 5? Wow! 

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Now that yo listed them,dun ko lang talaga napansin na ang konti. What happened? Hahaha.

DAM THE NATION said...

Robbie: I'm not sure either. They could've put them in another episode and it'll look fine. Haha.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...