Saturday, October 26, 2013

Movie Review: Don Jon

Was I entertained? Yes, but I'd be lying if I say that Don Jon is a film for everyone, because it's not. I guess, your like or dislike for this film may very well depend on how well you respond - despite the annoying cuts from MTRCB - to the vulgarity, humor and content of the film. That's not to say though that this was terrible as I genuinely felt like it had a fantastic story to tell. I thought that it had a solid balance between art and entertainment, it was relatively funny, and I appreciated how it managed to touch on a sensitive topic without being preachy. It was also visually exceptional and well-acted especially from Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Julianne Moore, who added depth to the story, and Scarlett Johansson, who was deliciously despicable. The storytelling was bit weak though as it was lacking on a good build up or climax, and the ending was a bit of a letdown. Other than that, Don Jon was an interesting film - realistic and fearless. 7.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...