Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Voice 5: Blind Auditions Part 5

Today is the last day of this season's Blind Auditions and I specifically noticed two things: 1. There was a premium of guitars on this episode! 2. Cee Lo's arms are sooo short! Haha. Ok, I'm being silly, but with something as bland as this episode, I just wasn't excited with this bunch despite having a couple of good ones. But, as always, I digress.

Matt Cermanski
Have A Little Faith In Me
TEAM ADAM
Matt actually sounded good. I like his tone and the way he handled the song was nuanced and understated. I genuinely enjoyed this. 7.5

Tamara Chauniece 
1+1
TEAM CEE LO
While I like that she didn't do anything dramatic with his vocals on this and I found her tone quite lovely, there's something about her that's not connecting with me. Star power? She came off very generic to me for some reason. 6.5

Brandon Chase
Wanted
TEAM BLAKE
Lovely voice, beautiful tone, and he's undeniably charismatic. There's a sense of tentativeness on his performance, but he's good on my book and I somehow feel like he can do more than just country. Agree? 7.5

Lupe Carroll
If I Were A Carpenter
TEAM CEE LO
This wasn't bad at all. In fact, his tone sounded very unique, but then again, I got a little bored halfway through. Was it just me? 6

Grey
Catch My Breath
TEAM ADAM
Strong vocals. I was a little iffy at the beginning as I felt she started too low for her range and that it almost sounded monotonous, but I liked it more and more as the song went along. Plus, she has great range. 7

Michael Lynch
Bailamos
TEAM CHRISTINA
Despite him making some weird faces, this was actually quite solid. His upper register sounded a little thin for my taste, but he has a good stage presence and he sings clean - if that makes sense. 7

Brian Pounds
Wagon Wheel
TEAM BLAKE
Eh. Country again? I don't know. He maybe good, but I just can't tell anymore with the same sound that comes out from all male country contestants. 5.5

Shawn Smith
Chicken Fried

TEAM CEE LO
Close your eyes, listen carefully, and you know who he reminds me of? Lee DeWyze. Seriously. If Lee was singing country, he'd be Shawn. This was relatively interesting, but again, nothing to write something about. 6.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...