Thursday, April 29, 2010

American Idol 9: Top 6 Studio Versions

... then there were 6. This week, it was, arguably, one of the best episodes this season as they tackle songs of Shania Twain. However, with regard to the studio version, I felt a bit tentative with some of them.

This is how I rank their studio performances for this week:

01. Lee Dewyze
02. Siobhan Magnus
03. Casey James
04. Crystal Bowersox
05. Aaron Kelly
06. Michael Lynche

Random Thoughts: Lee Dewyze delivers another GREAT studio version. Shocker. Haha. I think that Siobhan Magnus also sounds great in her recording this week. Crystal's studio version is so much better than her live performance. She sounds amazing. Now, for Casey James, I think this is his best studio recording thus far. Great production as well. Aaron Kelly sounds good. To be honest, he sounds like a girl in the first verse, which is oddly a good thing for me. I don't know. Haha. That's all.


STUDIO VERSION
Lee Dewyze: You're Still The One
Michael Lynche: It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
Casey James: Don't
Crystal Bowersox: No One Needs To Know
Aaron Kelly: You've Got A Way
Siobhan Magnus: Any Man Of Mine

LIVE VERSION
Lee Dewyze: You're Still The One
Michael Lynche: It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
Casey James: Don't
Crystal Bowersox: No One Needs To Know
Aaron Kelly: You've Got A Way
Siobhan Magnus: Any Man Of Mine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for providing the studios. Really appreciate them. Agree that Lee, Siobhan and Casey had the best studios this week. Lee always seems very pitchy when he performs live (especially this week) , but then he nails his studio. Siobhan, what can I say, except that she's the best.

damthenation said...

No problem. I hope you're enjoying my site. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I very much enjoy your site. I tend to agree with your assessment and ranking of the performances and studios. I get the impression that you’re a big fan, as I am, of Siobhan but you still manage to remain objective in your assessment of the performances. I respect that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...