Thursday, May 26, 2011

American Idol 10: Final Thoughts and Prediction

So, will Scotty McCreery be able to fulfill the Kristy Lee Cook prophecy? I know the whole thing is quite silly, but that's just one creepy coincidence right? To make things EVEN creepier, if Lauren Alaina, for some reason, wins this whole thing, she gets to release a song that was part of Kristy Lee Cook's album - her possible single, Like My Mother Does. Haha.

But seriously, last night was a boring hot mess, if that's even possible. I mean, it was like, Ok, hurry up and sing, good here are the numbers, next! Haha. It felt rushed and almost unimportant. The whole thing just didn't feel like a Finale. AT ALL.

It's such a shame because this season started REALLY well and then just went straight to hell. What happened? Give me Pia, Haley, James or even Casey in the Finale - any two of the four - and that would've been THE Finale! There's so much diversity in this year's Top 13 and we're down to two country teen singers? Really? Sigh. But we can't do anything about it now. It is what it is.

So, as for my prediction for the last time this season, I'll just go straight with it and say that Scotty McCreery will be this year's American Idol. Sure, Lauren somehow outperformed him last night, but I seriously don't think her efforts were enough to pull off a victory over someone as "strong" as Scotty.

I actually found it a bit absurd as to how the judges - and probably the producers - seemingly prefer Lauren over Scotty. But that's just not going to happen! Lauren, to me, had zero chance and she had the short end of the country split vote. So, it was a fool’s errand to keep hoping her on.

But let's see..

7 comments:

Maya Lintu said...

Hey DAM, what is the Kristy Lee Cook prophecy? :X

Jhiegzh said...

I will always stick what my mind and my heart tells...Lauren FTW! XD

DAM THE NATION said...

Maya: Kristy Lee Cook prophecy is Kris (Allen) Lee (DeWyze) and (David) Cook. You see, one more part of her name is missing - the "ty" and Scotty could very well complete the prophecy. Creepy right? HAHA

Anonymous said...

damn, it's creepy..ty goes to >>> Scotty. What's going on?

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: I know right? It's CRAZY!!

Anonymous said...

I think the curse has come to the end. So, i guess, no more lousy winners next season! (amen)

Maya Lintu said...

WOW that IS creepy...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...