Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Glee Music 2: Prom Queen

Well, that was fast! Here are the songs that will be featured on next week's episode entitled Prom Queen. I must say, this is a pretty odd - in a good way - mix of songs. I also like that Jonathan Groff and Darren Criss are part of this episode. Enjoy!

ETA: These are iTunes (rip) Versions

Dancing Queen
Not surprising, Santana and Mercedes sound incredible together. The music kind of drowns them out in some parts and the verses - especially the first one - sounds too karaoke for my taste, but I honestly think that this is the most appropriate song for this episode. I'm just glad that these two were picked to sing it. 7/10

I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
First, I hate the long title. Second, it feels like I'm listening to an exercise video or an educational video made for kids the age of 7. Third, not a fan of the overly techno beat. Yes, I don't like this cover. 3/10

Isn't She Lovely
Artie sounds fantastic, especially the a capella part, but the inappropriateness of this song for Artie is too much for me to handle. Wasn't this song written for a father/daughter kind of love? Oh, and it's too short. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

Jar Of Hearts
GORGEOUS! Rachel sounds honest and sincere in this song and it's always a plus that she sings it beautifully. This is definitely one of her best, and that's saying something! I'd say depending on the context of it, this could actually be absolutely epic! 9/10
DOWNLOAD

Rolling In The Deep
Jesse St. James is back!!! The arrangement of this is definitely interesting. I did not expect this to be an a capella version. But of course, with Jesse and Rachel's vocal chemistry and power, they obviously don't need anything else. I think their rendition is different and I'm just fascinated with it. 9/10
DOWNLOAD

Friday
Wow. This is actually almost listenable! I love how they added the heavy drums into the production as it makes it way more energetic. The lyrics still make me cringe, but it is what it is. I admit, I didn't hate the original because most songs these days are just as dumb, and Glee, I think, made the song a lot more palatable. 7/10
DOWNLOAD

(all 6 songs)

9 comments:

Will said...

Friday? That Rebecca Black song?

DAM THE NATION said...

Will: Yes. The infamous Rebecca Black song! HAHA

Denman said...

Yey! Thanks for sharing these.

Smarla said...

fridaaaay?? whyyyy?

Anonymous said...

Just want to let you know that the Rolling In The Deep song was using the John Legend cover version.

Joyceee said...

Oh my! My Jesse is baaaaaccckk!!!

Anonymous said...

are these the itunes version? thanks!

Anonymous said...

"I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You" (originally by the Black Kids) is an AMAZING song' way better than any shit gaga releases. And glee just made it MORE AMAZING. My fav song on this episode.

Inigo said...

Thanks for these. I've grabbed them but I'll hold off listening until I see the episode.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...