Sunday, May 29, 2011

American Idol 10 Wrap-Up: 10 Worst Performances

Last year sucked bigtime that I had no choice but to make the list bigger by adding five more performances - I just had fun writing for most of them. Haha. This season, however, is a totally different story. Not so much stinkers, so I'm reverting it back to 10.

SEASON 7 Worst Performances
SEASON 8 Worst Performances
SEASON 9 Worst Performances

Here are the TOP 10 Worst Live Performances of Season 10:

10. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
Paul McDonald

I wanted to violently grab him by the shoulders and explain to him like I would a child, “Paul, sweetie, stop moving around aimlessly on that stage and don’t move your right hand like you’re luring a kid with a chocolate bar.” I admit, Paul's dangerously charismatic, but this performance was just all over the place.

09. Hello
Stefano Langone

Stefano! You killed yourself with this song choice and you didn’t even know it. Haha. It wasn't hardly the most terrible in terms of vocals, but it was bland and ridiculously cheesy. He sounded nasally, his phrasing was shockingly weird, he almost had zero connection with the song and he just warbled his way throughout his performance. 

08. Light My Fire
Brett Loewenstern

HAHAHA. What?! “Light My Fire?!” Seriously, Brett? “Come on baby, light my fire..” Umm, no! I will not do anything like that. This was, by far, the gayest Light My Fire rendition I've ever seen! Seriously. I mean, I appreciate him for being who he is - even if he tried to whip his hair like Willow Smith countless times - but there are just some songs that people cannot perform like that. It was just too awkward.

07. I Believe I Can Fly
Jacob Lusk

Jacob was seriously sharper than a diamond drill bit and the judges barely commented on it!! What gives? Maybe all the smoke and mirrors of over singing totally distracted them from the fact that he was wildly off key.. like really off key. If Stefano was cheesy, Jacob's was an extra large bowl of nacho cheese.

06. Love Will Lead You Back
Karen Rodriguez

Prepare for 50% English, 50% Spanish and 100% Boring. Wait, in hindsight, that piece of bread - or whatever that was - on her head made her look more interesting. Haha. Fine. I'll stop. But seriously, this song once again showcased the weaknesses in Karen’s higher end. Plus, when she sings “en Espanol” I’m always left wondering if she is making fun of me because, yes, I don't understand what she's singing about. Haha.

05. Love Hurts
Jacob Lusk

Let me channel Jacob Lusk, "It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!". Yes Jacob, we know!

04. I'll Be
Jovany Barreto

Seriously, what's the point? No, it wasn't THE worst vocals, but he had ZERO charisma on stage. The best part about Jovany’s time on stage? It somehow made Randy Jackson use the word “modulation.” Ok, if I prefer Mr. Jackson's critique over the performance, THERE'S REALLY SOMETHING WRONG!

03. Breakaway
Julie Zorrilla

Nom. Nom. Nom. Yup, that song ate her up. Haha. Her voice sounded thin and flat and the back up singers just overpowered her vocals. Such a shame because I pegged her as a possible upset coming into the semifinals.

02. OMG
Jordan Dorsey

I felt violated on several levels. That performance was so damaging and inappropriate that it should be barred from going within 100 yards of a playground. The song choice was just as dumb as his shoulder movement and the performance in itself was EPIC for all the wrong reasons.

01. No Air
Jacob Lusk

Let’s mix No Air with terrible vocals and weird sexual gyrations. Awesome! Haha. Ok, I don’t even want to talk about this performance. In fact, I’d love if we could all forget it even happened. Thank you very much.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, really nice

Smarla said...

i have to agree with number 1!

Maya Lintu said...

Definitely a good list, though I think it should be 25 just so there's room for all of Jacob's performances... oh, and also What's Her Face's Only Girl. It was so terrible.

Anonymous said...

The list is spot on! But yeah there aren't that many of trainwrecks this season which I'm glad about. Can't wait for the best performances list! I'm sure Haley will dominate.

Mohd Safhri said...

hey...
may I know, what type of font did you use for tnose song title?

anyway, 100% agreed with the #1 worst performance!!!

thanks in advance!

Dubya said...

I really like the font too! I'd love to download it. Also, I don't remember most of the people on this list - on the top 13 really. But that's okay, I'm sure they sucked major.

Also, I have to comment on "50% English, 50% Spanish." I get really agitated when people (my sister, for instance) say, "It's AMERICAN Idol, why are they singing in Spanish?!" I have to remind her that it is American Idol, not ENGLISH Idol. There are some Americans who only speak Spanish--through no fault of their own. I get that most of us speak English and maybe I'm more sympathetic because I also speak Spanish, but I really liked to see some Spanish flavor on there. Diversity.

DAM THE NATION said...

Mohd Safhri: name of the font is onetricktony. :)

DAM THE NATION said...

Dubya: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity. I even like some Spanish songs. But Karen to me just didn't seem authentic. If she wants to be taken seriously as a Latin artist, she should just go straight up Spanish with one or two of her songs. Dividing it into part Spanish and part English was more of a gimmick than anything else.

Maya Lintu said...

While I liked this specific song by her, I didn't get why she had to do ALL of her songs half in English and half in Spanish. I mean, yeah, some latin magic, sure, but... it gets old.

Will said...

Completely agree with your Number 1!

Robbie said...

#1 was really creepy. O_O

Mohd Safhri said...

thank you so much DAM THE NATION!

may I know, the type of font u use for contestant name?

DAM THE NATION said...

Mohd Safhri: For the contestant name, I don't remember it now. I deleted the files that I used for this. Sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

I beg to dis agree!!! but Stefano Langone should not be included here..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...