Tuesday, May 24, 2011

American Idol 10: Lee DeWyze will NOT perform on American Idol Finale

Season 10 is definitely a season of firsts. First to have a Las Vegas round. First to have cheerleaders instead of judges. First to have two women in the Top 3 - in years, that is. First to have five females eliminated consecutively. First to have a flaming piano and a marching band. First to have Beyonce on the show - she NEVER cleared her songs for American Idol contestants to sing, except Work It Out.

Now, American Idol is yet again making history as they have not asked the reigning American Idol Lee DeWyze to perform on this season's Finale. Yes, that's a first!

ETA: Fantasia Barrino didn't perform during Season 4 Finale, but still.. Fine, it's been a tradition except for Season 4! Haha.

As per his tweet @LeeDewyze:
Hey guys, no I'm not performing at the Finale. I wasn't asked to. A lot of questions so I thought I'd fill you in. Talk to you soon :)
I'm not the biggest fan of Lee DeWyze, but this is one of the crappiest stunt they have ever pulled. I mean, not inviting him - the reigning champ! - for the Finale is just wrong! He should, at the very least, hand out the keys of the new Ford cars that will be given to the finalist right? Oh wait! They’re both too young to drive! Haha.

But kidding aside, this is a tradition on American Idol and I think he should've been asked to perform regardless of how he did after American Idol. Sure, he didn't sell much or isn't popular enough, but he's nevertheless the Season 9 Winner. Heck, even Taylor Hicks got to come back and perform on the Season 6 Finale.

I don't know. Lee has always been grateful and respectful towards the show and this makes me want to barf. Shame on you, American Idol!

11 comments:

Robbie said...

Sinetch? Hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Huge fan of Lee's, and I am pissed to the max. What's up with 19 anyway? Aren't they his management company and aren't they also American Idol? WTF?

nQw said...

I'm dissapointed!!! Lee deserves to perform something at least an opening with the top 13 with like Season 5!!! WTH!!! OMG!!! unbelievable! Lee sounds dissapointed in his tweet, the smiley makes it kinda obvious...ugh!!! go buy his CD people! It's actually really good!

Anonymous said...

damn idol! Lee should be there as the reigning champ. Shame on them !

Anonymous said...

so sad.. he's way better singer than scotty and lauren! :(

Anonymous said...

Thank You Damn Nation- we know you are an Alex Lambert fan(he is terrific), so we are grateful for your support!

Will said...

How sad. Lee's a nice guy.

Anonymous said...

I admit I am probably one of the biggest tight wads when it comes to buying music, whether it be iTunes, CDs, etc., but u am so pi$&!! that Idol didn't ask Lee to sing!! We only got to see a glimpse of him in the audience! For the first time ever I downloaded his album from ITunes. I know some of you may write to say I am still a tightwad but for me this us a major accomplishment! But for a cheapskate such as myself it's my way of saying "thank you Lee" and don't stop!! You are the best I've seen on idol!

Ps: I also am buying tickets to the St Louis concert!

Signed. Maybe not your most supportive fan in $$$ but someone who believes in you!!!

Tim Reed said...

Scottie d best!

Anonymous said...

american idol, you've done a lot of crap this season that made me like you less and less.. but this one is unacceptable. what you did was so inconsiderate and heartless.. :(

Anonymous said...

Wow, really?
God, I hated Lee during last season.
But I think it's just cruel to not ask him to perform.

Well, I was a bit pissed last year that they gave Kris Allen's performance no respect, even though it was so much better than a lot of his AI performances.

Guess I shouldn't expect too much from Idol. Didn't watch this season because the last season annoyed me, but I might download some songs because of this blog...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...