Thursday, May 26, 2011

American Idol 10: Finale Results Show

Sure, the announcement of Scotty McCreery as the winner was a bit anti-climatic just because it wasn't as shocking as say, Kris Allen winning over Adam Lambert. Heck, I even saw this one coming 12 weeks ago - even with Lauren Alaina as his runner-up! Yes, I like to brag like that. HAHA.

That being said, American Idol Season 10 ended strong with - what I consider - one of it's BEST Finale nights EVER! Which, to me, is kind of ironic because the Final 2 Performance Show prior to this was possibly one of the weakest on American Idol! Extremely entertaining, musical diversity, great amount of comedic skits and beautiful sets.

But of course, let's not take away the fact that this was also a GREAT season!! There was good television especially when the eliminations didn’t go as they should have and the set of finalists this year are very diverse, which made thing more interesting. As for the the judges, they need some work, but I expect that to be addressed soon. In the end, this season was exactly what American Idol needed to stay alive after Simon Cowell’s departure.

Now, for Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina. I honestly think that they both can do very well in the country genre. I mean, Carrie Underwood proved the power of country music, as she is obviously the most successful American Idol to date. Somehow, I can really see Scotty as one of the most successful - and marketable - male winners on American Idol. Just saying.

Anyway, thanks to all my readers for a great season! We’ll do it all again next year!

Results after the jump!

Now, as for some observations and comments on the results show..
  • 122 million votes! Hmm.. They were down in ratings last night, but improved on the number of votes? Very interesting.
  • I miss this Top 13! I actually liked everyone in the Top 13 at some point or another.
  • Fun opening performance, but didn't they perform Born This Way a couple of weeks ago? Haha.
  • James Durbin performs with Judas Priest! Give metal a chance! 
  • Wait, why is Durbin in gay biker leathers? 
  • Did I hear that right? Esteemed panel of judges? Worked so hard all season? Did I miss something? 
  • Oh dear, Randy Jackson montage! DO. NOT. LIKE.  
  • Well, that video package sums up how terrible Randy is as a judge. Haha. 
  • Jacob Lusk, Kirk Franklin and Gladys Knight are going to the church!  
  • I admit, I'm liking this so much more than ANY Jacob performance. 
  • It's Casey Abrams-Jack Black showdown! Haha. Fat Bottomed Girl!
  • The Girls are singing Single Ladies and Irreplaceable!!
  • I just love Thia Megia's tone on Irreplaceable. Plus,she has excellent rhythm. She should've waited a couple of years.
  • Haley Reinhart, I love you!
  • I always thought Ashthon Jones has the same tone as Beyonce. 
  • This proves my point that Pia Toscano can be modern and not just the usual balladeer!
  • Here comes Beyonce Knowles! She's gorgeous.
  • I bet Jennifer Lopez wants to stab Beyonce on stage now! HAHA.
  • That Steven Tyler montage is hysterical! I've forgotten how hilarious Steven was.
  • Tony Bennett and Haley Reinhart. Wow! They sound phenomenal together if a bit boring.
  • Jennifer Lopez's montage. That is all.
  • The Girls with TLC - well, technically TC! This is so random.
  • I love how Lil John drop in for 10 seconds. Your point of being there is what?
  • Scotty McCreery with Tim McGraw! Live Like You Were Dying! This is really good. Scotty shines on country ballad.
  • Break time! I must say, This is a great Finale so far - after the travesty last night.
  • Holy crap! These auditions are just annoying.  
  • "Shut up, Briana" HAHA
  • Mark Anthony is on stage and I can't see Jennifer Lopez sitting on the panel. 
  • And there goes Jennifer Lopez! Will you try to outperform Beyonce from earlier? Not going to happen.
  • Anyway, I'm tired of Jennifer Lopez pimping herself. That slot could've been given to one of the finalists or LEE DEWYZE!
  • OMG! That "elimination package" was the funniest thing! Casey and James are arguing who's got the REAL shocking elimination! Then Pia Toscano arrives with a sash and tiara! HAHAHAHA. CAN'T. EVEN.
  • Self-deprecating humor FTW!
  • What is this hot mess? Oh, the boys with Tom Jones. Why?
  • Fine, Stefano Langone, at the very least, sounds great doing a Prince song.  
  • I wonder though why is Scotty with the boys, but Lauren wasn't with the girls earlier? 
  • See! Usually the reigning champ gives the Ford car keys to the Final 2. What happened? Boo!
  • Lady Gaga time! 
  • Ok. So I see that she's going for a minotaur look tonight. Haha.
  • I don't think I've EVER seen Gaga wear something normal. 
  • Lauren Alaina is singing Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats! Yes, I suspect Carrie to pop out soon!  
  • Carrie Underwood's LEGS! Enough said.
  • Amazing to see how much more comfortable Carrie is onstage compared to when she was on American Idol.
  • Two 6th graders? School children? American Juniors? That clip is too funny! 
  • Beyonce is back! And yes, she pwns them all. Can she be the American Idol this year?
  • Bono and The Edge! Wait, where's Haley Reinhart's single? I guess that's not happening.
  • STEVEN TYLER with Dream On!!!
  • Show Danny Gokey how it's done, Mr. Tyler! 
  • This is it!!
  • And yes, the KRISTY LEE COOK prophecy is now complete!

AMERICAN IDOL 10 WINNER IS..
SCOTTY McCREERY!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far I've found out that Jack Black is a much better singer than Casey Abrams.

Will said...

I wish a twist happens and Idol actually doesn't crown a winner. They're both undeserving! Wahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

THE KRISTY LEE COOK PROPHECY!!!

Anonymous said...

where the hell is Haley Reinhart's single? HAhAHAHAH kidding. i was hoping theyll replace lauren but anyway, CONGRATS SCOTTY!

Anonymous said...

I'm now a big fan Kristy Lee Cook. LOL. :))

Jhiegzh said...

As much as I want Lauren to win this season, I never got disappointed of the result a while ago. It is already quite obvious as I stroll diff. sites and looking the results of online polls. Yes, Scotty beats Lauren on online polls, one of the factors to consider in determining the official winner.

Marion said...

I think I saw Lee DeWyze among the audience.

DAM THE NATION said...

Marion: I think I saw him in the audience too!

Anonymous said...

nice blogging, by the way can I have the top 3 m4a, that's would be nice

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: Thanks. I'll try to post it within the day. :)

Jayvie said...

according to Wikipedia, the ratings for the finale performances was only 20.57 %. hmmmm. and yet, the votes were up to 122M. hmmmm. what am i getting at? wala lang. :D

the prophecy! yay! next year ulit DAM! :D

DAM THE NATION said...

Jayvie: True, they got the worst rated Finale performance night and yet, they got the biggest vote EVER. I guess, the teens were voting like crazy last night.

Anonymous said...

Damn, just saw the footage of Steven Tyler rocking Dream On. Possibly the best moment of this season of Idol ever. I'm nothing but awestruck.

A few other great moments was Haley's duet with Tony Bennett, Beyonce's soulful performance of her new song and the other 'top 13'.

I didn't care for the rest. Hope America's happy with their choice. Now that I think about it; Scotty isn't that bad. I just never expected him to get so far considering the immense talent this year. Can't say that I was upset though. He's good. And will be successful.

PS: I had to research the Kristy Lee Cook prophecy and you fans are so hilarious. :).

Anonymous said...

I hate they dont give Pia a solo or a duet like the others. Jacob got one, and Pia no? We all knows what Pia are capable of. I want that Pia paired with Celine Dion or Whitney last night, it would be phenomenal. Well then, let's hope that American's learn from what they have done in this season, so the next season they can REALLY CHOOSE, who's the right one to be the next American Idol.

Iain said...

Wow, just watched the final, as I'm from the UK, and can I say, what an effing brilliant show!!!! I really loved how little stage time the final two actually got, and also, why the flip did Scotty not sing Live Like You Were Dying weeks ago? When it came on, I was sceptical, but then he came in and WOW!!

Thought they might give Pia a bit more spotlight, I mean come on! Even Karen Roderiguez and Ashton Jones (who was looking and sounding flipping amazing, wtf did she not last longer/do that with her hair sooner?) I mean, they could have at least given her that one power line from Single Ladies.

The Casey Abrams-Jack Black moment was honestly my second favourite bit of the night, second only to the PHENOMENAL Steven Tyler!! sixty-effing-three? Geez! Other high points were Gaga, who wasn't over the top as she can be, and was a genuinely good performance, maybe the best I've seen her. I know many will disagree, but was Beyoncé's performance a bit of an anti-climax? I mean effing FANTASTIC vocals, but the song was a bit of an underachievement for the Diva (still, I can't wait to see her in two months!!)

So yeah, amazing Finale, Lauren's duet with Carrie Underwood just proved that Ms Alaina should have held off entering a few more years... But anyway, Kudos to Scotty for winning, and nice on still keeping the top spot on itunes (as a side note, the itunes top 200 contains 2 Lauren Alaina performances, 3 Scotty McCreery performances and 5 - yes count 'em 5 - Haley Reinhart performances!! Maybe America got it wrong...)

jep said...

i think the best highlights of the finale was the "LEGS".. Carrie Underwood, Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez.. lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...