Monday, May 9, 2011

The X Factor: Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones Officially Joins The Show

.. and the cast is complete! Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones are hired as hosts and Paula Abdul completes the judging panel.

According to THR:
Steve Jones and Nicole Scherzinger have won the jobs of hosts of Simon Cowell’s US version of The X-Factor, a source close to the show tells The Hollywood Reporter.
A formal announcement is expected shortly. Jones and Scherzinger will join the highly-anticipated singing competition on Sunday, when its judges rounds kick off in Los Angeles. The show will bow in September on Fox.
Now, Deadline also confirms about Paula Abdul:
Paula Abdul just closed her deal to be the fourth judge on Fox's The X Factor and is getting ready for tomorrow's first two auditions tapings at 1 PM and 6 PM. With contract negotiations dragging on until the last possible minute, it is a good thing that the tapings are here in Los Angeles.
My thoughts? I'm just not sure of Simon Cowell's strategy of getting them, but I have nothing against both Steve Jones and Nicole Scherzinger. I mean, I'm not familiar of Steve Jones' work - aside from his acting job in the UK version of American Pie, but I like the idea of bringing some Brits on board. Cat Deeley of So You Think You Can Dance made it over to America and she’s a pretty good host. As for Nicole Scherzinger, I like her. So, whatever.

My real issue, however, is casting Paula Abdul as the fourth judge. First, it's annoyingly predictable. Second, having her on board could make people think that the show is just a clone of American Idol. And third, to many casual viewers this show is already going to look like it’s copying The Voice. I don't know. The only bright side I see to this is that Paula is no doubt going to be Simon's punching bag. Haha.

5 comments:

Robbie said...

I'll pass.

diablo said...

Angus Thongs and Perfect snogging is a film for 12 year old girls...not quite American Pie UK

DAM THE NATION said...

Diablo: Really? That's quite a show for a 12 year old girl then. Oh well.

Smarla said...

not really excited for this show :O

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

I dunno, I'm not that much excited anymore.
Paula, Cheryl etc, that is extremly predictable, doesn't sound fresh or exciting at all.
more like an AI-XFactor UK, mash-up.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...