Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Voice: Battle Round Part 3

Ok. I'm sorry if The Voice had to make way for American Idol and Glee this week. Of course, I'll prioritize both shows because these shows are the reason why I even put up this blog. So, there!

Now, I have to say that this gimmick is getting old a little faster than I expected. Sure, the first week this format was introduced, I was seriously in awe. While the thing was maybe a little ridiculous, it somehow worked for a reality singing competition. You know, the drama and whatnot. But along the way, things just got tiring. 

As for the judges/mentors, I still enjoyed their sessions with the contestants. I could tell that they're really invested with the show and I particularly liked that they give specific notes to each singer. That being said, there have been several choices during this round of the show where I felt the best singer was sent home.Oh well.

Racquel Castro VS Julia Eason
Only Girl (In The World)
Team Christina

Neither Raquel nor Julia was very good, but I actually prefer Julia's tone though. I also think that there's a clear quality about her vocals. Raquel, on the other hand, was a bit all over the place especially her runs at the end. But, she had the confidence to carry her mediocre voice. She's also a little annoying, but whatever. Both could lose and I’d care very little.

VERDICT
Raquel Castro

 Dia Frampton VS Serabee
Can't Hurry Love
Team Blake

This was possibly the biggest mismatch they’ve had on the show! Haha. The arrangement of this song clearly fits the Serabee better, and it didn’t let Dia bring out her unique tone. That said, Serabee shot herself in the foot by not showing restraint. I prefer Dia anyway so I don't really care. Ha!

VERDICT
Dia Frampton

Rebecca Loebe VS Devon Barley
Creep
Team Adam

Tough one! I mean, I LOVED Rebecca's audition and Devon wasn't so bad either. As far as the duet went, I thought Rebecca sounded really good, although I didn't think the song fits her voice. Maybe because it was on a higher key? Plus, she seemed lost during the performance. Devon, on the other hand, was somewhat shaky on the verses but then he kicked it up a notch in the chorus. I might have given a slight edge to Devon but I still think Rebecca is a much better singer.

VERDICT
Devon Barley

Kelsey Rey VS Tori and Taylor Thompson
Unwritten
Team Cee Lo

Shocked! I thought Kelsey would win this for sure. I don't know. The Thompson sisters, to me, sucked! At least, Kelsey had this right amount of self-confidence that wasn't annoying and, yes, she sang better than the two who clearly don't know how to harmonize! What's the point of being a duo then? Blech!

VERDICT
The Thompson Sisters

3 comments:

Carla said...

I disagreed with every choice besides Blake's team.

Julia and Raquel were similarly bad, but speaking in terms of personality, I find Julia easier to bear. Raquel just has a certain annoying quality.

Dia has great potential, as does Serabee, but unlike her Dia didn't ruin her chances by trying to flaunt it. That said, I don't think Dia's voice is very well suited to duet with somebody like Serabee.

Give me Rebecca over Devon McMiddleClass any time of the day. I don't know what Adam is smoking, but there is no way in hell Devon is more talented than Rebecca.

I like Kelsey. I don't love her. On the other hand, I hate the sisters. Terrible look, terrible voices, terrible package. Cee Lo should have seen past the fact that they have double the number of barely legal breasts and picked the better singer.

Rodrigo said...

I stand by absolutely everything Carla said. Those judges must have smoked something before the show! It's the only reasonable explanation.
I want Rebecca baaaaack :'(

erwin04 said...

KELSEY REY!!!!! :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...