Thursday, May 5, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 5 Studio Versions

.. and then there were 5. Unbelievable. In just a matter of weeks, the competition is, again, over! But that's beside the point of this post. Here are the studio versions for this week where the contestants each tackled song from the 60s (then) and something current (now).

RANDOM THOUGHTS: It's pretty clear to me that the girls got the best studio recordings this week. My favorites are Haley Reinhart's You And I and also Lauren Alaina's Flat On The Floor. These are undeniably pretty strong recordings that I honestly think are radio-ready. I mean it! Release it now as a single and this will possibly be a hit for both of them - the fact that these are relatively obscure songs of both Lady Gaga and Carrie Underwood. I also enjoy James Durbin's Closer To The Edge version. Obviously, his pitch problems are not here, which makes the experience better. Scott McCreery also delivers a pretty decent recording with Always On My Mind. The other one is a bit twangy for my taste, but it's still a good one. As for Jacob Lusk, fans will his efforts. That's all.

NOW:
James Durbin: Closer To The Edge
Jacob Lusk: No Air
Lauren Alaina: Flat On The Floor
Scotty McCreery: Gone
Haley Reinhart: You And I

THEN:
James Durbin: Without You
Jacob Lusk: Love Hurts
Lauren Alaina: Unchained Melody
Scotty McCreery: Always On My Mind
Haley Reinhart: House Of The Rising Sun

10 comments:

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

m4a plz ?
but thanks anyways :)

DAM THE NATION said...

OSO-Deluxe-Edition: I don't have them yet. I will post it once I got them.

raven_mohawk said...

My rank on tonight's episode:

I'm rooting for James Durbin but to be fair here's my ranking from best to worst.

1. Haley Reinhart (deserved standing ovation)
2. James Durbin (still the same James Durbin)
3. Lauren Alaina (did the judges advice)
4. Scotty McCreery (kinda awkward w/ his performance
5. Jacob Lusk (ruined the song No Air)

...well that's just my opinion : )

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

OMG!
a few facts I wanna share with y'all guys...

most rated performances on ITunes for this week:

1) Haley Reinhart - House of Rising Sun (904 ratings)(5/5)
2) Haley Reinhart - You & I (298 rating) (4.5/5)
3) Scotty McCreery - Gone (223 ratings) (4.5/5)

I guess this says a lot :)
people are interested in her the most, Haley should win this thing, not just be in the finale, she DESERVES to.

Anonymous said...

just finished watching the show, downloaded via bittorrent.

i rate them in this order

1st Lauren Alaina
2nd Scotty McCreery
3rd James Durbin
4th Haley Reinhart
5th Jacob Lusk

iainhoey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

iainhoey said...

Haley is absolutely the most solid performer left on this show, and i only realised this when Casey, my second favourite (judgement of actual voice clouded because of hiss double bass)scotty and lauren are simply average and still in by the skin of their teeth, james is all over the place a heck of a lot of the time, and jacob is just (insert derogatory bad word of your choice here)

Jay Larseni said...

Well, Casey, Paul and Pia are out, so I think Haley is the one to win this thing, maybe James.

Greetings for Venezuela

Anonymous said...

I hope you will upload in m4a soon, thank in advance.

DAM THE NATION said...

Guys, I already uploaded the m4a versions! Thanks to OSO_Deluxe_Edition.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...