Saturday, May 14, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 4 - Who's Going Home?

I’d say, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson in the Bottom 2, with Mr. In It To Win It getting axed from the show. Stat! What do you think? Can’t we have that instead? We can’t? Sigh.

Yes, I’m still not done with the judges just yet. I’m still not over the fact that these “judges” were uber critical about Haley’s performances. Did Haley deserve the criticism? Yes. But when put against the total absence of it for the other contestants who also deserved it – more in some case – that’s when it gets annoying and infuriating.

Last week, when James did a craptastic version of a song because he couldn’t hold his emotions together, the judges gave him the pass and instead talked about how it was not just okay to sing like crap, but it was “emotionally perfect” despite not being sung well. But did Haley get an “emotionally perfect” pass for a song she seemed to feel, but didn’t screw up AS much as James did last week? No. I could go on with examples, but why bother.

And while Haley should’ve – at least, for the sake of winning – just don the grin and bear it instead in order to have a chance at staying, maybe Haley felt – and I think rightly so – she had no chance of staying anyway, so what’s the point? I like her spunk, and I absolutely have no problem with her speaking her mind. She was blatantly attacked TWICE by Randy Jackson in the span of five minutes to the point where Randy truly offended me. It’s one thing to criticize her, it’s another thing to attack her repeatedly like you were trying to make her snap. There! Rant over.

But to be perfectly honest, I’m not really sure who leaves this week. To me, Lauren Alaina is the most vulnerable but her trip to the Bottom 2 last week may work in her advantage. But then again, I’m not so sure how passionate her fans are, especially with pretty good comments from the judges. Maybe her fans didn’t vote as much? Oh, and she’s vote-splitting with Scotty McCreery for the country block. James Durbin, on the other hand, could also be in trouble. I mean, if enough people were riled up by the judges tonight, he’s the one to leave. Most people can see the blatant bias towards James and America may be slow sometimes, but they aren’t stupid.

Now, going into this week, I really thought Scotty McCreery is safest bet to sail through to the next round. But after last night, I’m actually having second thoughts. He was decent at best, but quite forgettable. Plus, the judges gave him great reviews. I wonder if his fans became complacent. See, Chris Daughtry. 

Which leaves me with Haley Reinhart. Yes, I feel like she’s in the same position that Allison Iraheta was back in Season 8. But unlike Allison, she has this huge surge of momentum in the past couple of weeks that could actually help her advance to the Final 3. However, I’m not counting on that so much. The odds are obviously against her. I’m also not sure if talking back to the judges was the best idea for her. But, what the heck.

If Haley goes tonight, at least she will go out as the contestant with the MOST growth from this season and the contestant with the MOST standing ovations – 3 out of the 5 standing ovations this season. Ever since her duet of Moanin’ with Casey Abrams, she has been on fire. She is the underdog that no one saw coming! I just hope America saw the fight and passion in Haley and voted for her. I don’t care who goes – James Durbin – as long as it isn’t Haley.

I’ll take a limb on this and say that James Durbin will be Daughtry’ed this week. I maybe wrong, but I don’t really care now!

6 comments:

Carlos Laron said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA GOOD ONE.

HOPEFULLY IT'S JAMES OR SCOTTY THO.

Maya Lintu said...

I think James should go home. He's so boring, I mean, screaming on stage doesn't make your performance any better. Exactly what I used to say about Adam Lambert. Something makes me think America's going to let James win this season just to make amends. They both sound the same to me and they even look alike, and James isn't gay so conservative America can vote for him with no worries.

Will said...

I applaud Haley for the fact that she had matured as an artist. I actually didn't like her from the start coz I found her to be lacking in x-factor, but she soon changed everyone's minds. And I sure hope we can believe the poll results on the AI Website. Only a few voted for Lauren there as the best performer of the night.

And yeah, Randy should go. News is that Nigel approached him after his word war with Haley.

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

Haley MUST stay, I really couldn't give a damn about the others, they can go to hell.

end of.

Rosemarie said...

I think a lot of us feel the way you do, Haley was definitely singled out and endlessly. The only good thing that came of it was that it pissed her off so much that she emoted those feelings in her next song and killed those glory notes. While I still enjoyed her "Rolling In The Deep" and "House of The Rising Sun" better, her vocals were spot on with the song. There is the chance that the attacks were so America would be pissed enough to vote hard for her which is what they truly wanted but couldn't say. Who knows! I voted for her and Lauren. Personally, I'd like to see Scotty go. I'll be a wreck til we know, though, haha!

Gel said...

I love Haley! I'm glad James got eliminated :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...