Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Glee Season 2: Rumours Episode Review

Rumours
Season 2, Episode 19

That was shocking! I mean, not the episode itself, but my reaction towards it. Haha. I honestly enjoyed it more than I thought I would. No, I think the whole episode was just good-ish at best just because some parts felt kind of flat, but this was a rare episode where I liked the story better than the music.

I loved it when the story is this cohesive. Keep it that way Glee and I'll be a happy camper!

THE GOOD:

- Again, let me reiterate: good plot development and the storyline was more put together than usual. Thank you!

- Finally! It was nice to see Sam with a storyline no? I thought it was heartbreaking. But was it just me or his plot was strangely minor as the Finn-Rachel-Quinn drama was given more prominence than Sam's own issues? Regardless, Sam's acting was shockingly believable - especially when he cried - and this surely gave his character more depth. I find it playfully ironic that Sam is now poor and he sang Billionaire to get into Glee club. Haha.

- I'm glad that they also touched on Emma's development with her OCD - eventhough it was just in one scene. Usually, the show would not mention it again for weeks. So this was an interesting improvement.

- The Brittany-Santana plot was generally good, even if the back and forth movement of Santana is beginning to get to me. Hopefully, she'll do something about it in the next episode because I don't want this to be dragged out for too long.

- It's interesting how I didn't mind April Rhodes presence in this episode. Maybe because she wasn't in it much? Nice balance, I guess.

- Brittany's Fondue For Two and Sue's David Bowie and Anne Coulter disguise were hilarious. Haha.

- Quinn has been noticeably likeable for three straight weeks now. Yay!

- Lastly, Santana calling the piano guy "furniture" was hysterical. Just want to put it out there. Haha.

THE BAD: 

- Not really a bad thing, but it still felt slightly awkward seeing Kurt back in McKinley. I'm still hung up over his 10-episode leave. Just saying.

- Finn was annoying! Yes, Quinn cheated on you with Puck but you cheated with her as well. Now, you're all paranoid that Quinn was cheating on you again for Sam? Hypocrite!!

- Santana, while hilarious, was a completely deplorable human being in this episode. She  didn't have to do that to Brittany - lead her on and then drop her a*s. I get that she was scared, but that was a bitchy move. I still love her though.

- Artie needs to think before he speaks. He was trying to say she was stupid about Santana, and let it loose too soon. And what came out was uncalled for. But the rest of his speech was absolutely true. Just me nitpicking. Haha.

THE MUSIC:

DREAMS was ok. Not exactly my favorite musical performance in this episode, more so in Glee history. Haha. It was low key, which was refreshing for an April Rhodes number, but I was unconvinced with Shuester's contribution to this. Harmonies? sure.

NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN. It started out strange, that's for sure. I mean, the sudden entrance of Puck with a guitar was just too weird for me. Haha. That said, those guitars gave an amazing sound - in terms of musicality - to the number and I liked that they acknowledged the awesomeness of the guitar parts in this song visually. It's a little forgettable though.

SONGBIRD was just beautiful beyond words. I love that it's understated and heartfelt. Yes, Santana. Marry me please?

I DON'T WANT TO KNOW. It's decent. It's more like a Finn solo just because he kind of drowned out Quinn vocally. The context was executed quite nicely though.

MY NAME IS APRIL RHODES. Not sure about the title - just made it up. Comment? Eh.

GO YOUR OWN WAY sounded fantastic. I thought Rachel's performance was both sassy and sexy. I admit, I somehow miss Rachel and Finn together, but Finn was right in saying that the pull of them when they're apart is pretty spectacular. They have great chemistry. I still don't want them together though. Haha.

DON'T STOP was a very fun group number - made even more entertaining by the addition of the adorable Evans siblings. Also, Quinn-Sam-Finn-Rachel leading a number was a nice combination. Yes, I do like Quinn and Sam's voices together.


Download music HERE.
Download episode HERE.

4 comments:

Nelvieee said...

I have never cried like this for Glee ever since Furt (but that was still difference, since those were happy tears). Sam is the sweetest character in the show I don't even get why most of the people in the fandom doesn't like him. I'm disappointed with the glee club members besides Kurt and Quinn on the Sam issue. I still think that there's hope for Fabrevans. :)

DAM THE NATION said...

Nelvieee: Oh yeah. This episode was surprisingly emotional. I enjoyed Sam in this episode. :)

Gelo said...

I never really liked Finn and this episode just increased my dislike for him tenfold. I get Rachel and I can tolerate her but Finn is just one big hypocrite. Major hate for Finn. o.o

And "He's just furniture....no offense." line was fantastic. I was laughing my ass off. :))

Jim said...

Prom Queen, The prom king is qabusky dont know how 2 spell it but the football player that kissed Kurt and the prom queen is kurt. This prom queen episode will be the most memorable episode in this GLEE SEASON. Can't wait for this episode but some dumb ass gave away the biggest
spoiler of the episode. Watch Glee Season 2 Episode 20: Prom Queen.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...