Saturday, May 14, 2011

American Idol 10: Top 4 Studio Versions

I’m still upset about what happened last night, but whatever. Here are the studio versions for this week where the contestants covered two song each: Songs that inspired them and Lieber and Stoller Songbook. Enjoy!

RANDOM THOUGHTS: Best recording for me this week are Lauren Alaina‘s Anyway and Haley Reinhart‘s I Who Have Nothing. I like that these songs are good enough to show not only their flexible voices, which has a great deal of potential, but their ability to connect to the song. Both are fantastic recordings. James Durbin‘s Don’t Stop Believin’ is still incredibly karaoke, I couldn’t stand it.  Scotty McCreery‘s Young Blood is campy and, again, corny, but what do I know right? Others were decent.

James Durbin: Don’t Stop Believin’
Haley Reinhart: Earth Song
Scotty McCreery: Where Were You (When the Earth Stopped Turning)
Lauren Alaina: Anyway

Haley Reinhart: I Who Have Nothing
Scotty McCreery: Young Blood
Lauren Alaina: Trouble
James Durbin: Love Potion No. 9

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll upload m4a soon, thanks.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I LOVE when you post m4a :)

DAM THE NATION said...

Once I get them, I'll post them. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Do you have the .m4a versions of these?

DAM THE NATION said...

Anonymous: I've updated it. These are .m4a versions already!

benj said...

thnk you so much dam... i love you much!!! more pls.. until the end of the show... love all the thngs you have done for this season... hope to hear more about them even in the future.. anyways, do you have news about vonzell solomon? or with thia megia? vonzell is my all time favoritecontestant.. pls.. feature her on your blog... thanks.. i would really appreciate it so much...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...